Terms & Conditions
- Conditions of use of www.ciano.pt
- Amendment to these Conditions
- Intellectual property
- Product and Pricing Information
- Purchase process
- General Conditions for all warranties
- Returns and right of free termination of the contract
- Customer Support: Help, Suggestions, and Complaints
- Applicable law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
This document establishes the pre-contractual information regarding contracts concluded at a distance on the website www.ciano.pt, referred to in article 4 of Decree-Law no. 24/2014 of February 14, and of all sub-domains/sub-websites.
The domain www.ciano.pt is owned by CIANO Aquarium, S.A., headquartered at Rua das Pedras Aguas, 140 4650-372 Revinhade, Felgueiras, legal person n° 501828699, registered in the respective Commercial Registry Office under the same identification number of a legal person, with the share capital of €1,000,150.00, hereinafter referred to in abbreviated form as CIANO Aquarium.
CIANO Aquarium reserves the right to freely modify this pre-contractual information in order to adapt it to the applicable legislation, without the need for any prior notice.
Both the navigation through the website www.ciano.pt, its sub-domains, and sub-websites, as well as the purchase of any product at those addresses, presupposes the acceptance of the present information and General Conditions of Use contained in this page.
2. Conditions of use of www.ciano.pt
The use of www.ciano.pt must be carried out by persons aged 18 (eighteen) or over, and persons under this age must have authorization from their legal representatives.
The User of www.ciano.pt must act/buy as a final consumer, that is, outside the scope of any business or profession. If you are not an “end consumer”, we ask you not to make purchases on the website www.ciano.pt.
The User undertakes to use this website in compliance with the provisions of applicable law, refraining from using the website for activities contrary to the law, morals and good customs, or the rights and interests of third parties.
CIANO Aquarium reserves the right not to process orders registered on the website www.ciano.pt when there are doubts as to the User’s final consumer status or when orders do not comply with the general conditions of sale presented here.
These general terms and conditions of sale exclusively regulate the offer, acceptance of orders, transmission, and shipments made through the website www.ciano.pt.
The buyer must provide CIANO Aquarium with an e-mail address, postal mail, or other data relating to another form of contact, which is correct and complete, and accepts that the seller may contact him using this data, if necessary.
The User has the obligation to update the information provided to CIANO Aquarium, whenever it undergoes any changes.
The User is expressly responsible for any false or inaccurate statements made and for the damage caused to CIANO Aquarium or third parties, with the information provided.
3. Amendment to these Conditions
CIANO Aquarium reserves the right to modify unilaterally and at any time, without prior notice, the presentation and content of the website, its services, and the general conditions of use, with the exception of contracts already signed and in execution.
These modifications will serve to improve the website while improving the services offered to the website User.
3.1 Right not to accept the order or cancel the purchase
CIANO Aquarium reserves the right to cancel any order, even if it has already been confirmed, in the following situations, without any liability for any damages or costs:
- The product is no longer available (payments will be returned);
- Billing information is not correct or verifiable;
- The order will be flagged by our Security Systems as an incorrect order or an order susceptible to fraud;
- Payment will not be received within 5 calendar days after acceptance of the order;
- If there are indications that the buyer is under 18 years of age or does not have authorization from their legal representatives;
- If there are indications that the buyer is not an end consumer;
- If detectable that the price indicated on the Online Store is wrong;
- If it is not possible to deliver the order to the respective address;
- If the purchase is made from one of the countries that are not included in the list of countries to be selected for the purposes of registering the billing address.
4. Intellectual property
All content and information contained in www.ciano.pt and its sub-domains are owned by CIANO Aquarium and therefore the use, reproduction, copying, and dissemination by other means of logos, texts, images, and videos contained in that website is subject to its prior authorization.
5. Product and Pricing Information
5.1 Right not to accept the order or cancel the purchase
The prices mentioned must be understood in euros, including fees and taxes (VAT).
The product price may vary according to the destination country’s VAT.
Ciano Aquarium reserves the right to change prices at any time. However, Ciano Aquarium undertakes to apply the taxes, fees, and prices indicated at the time of placing the purchase order.
In the event of a computer, manual, technical, or any other error, which causes a substantial change not foreseen by Ciano Aquarium in the sale price to the public, in such a way that this proves to be exorbitant or manifestly negligible, the request for purchase will be considered invalid and therefore void.
6. Purchase process
6.1 How to order
To order from www.ciano.pt, the User must have an e-mail account and that their browser is up to date and configured to accept cookies, in order to allow the use of all the navigation conditions of the online store www.ciano.pt.
The photographs presented on www.ciano.pt are for illustrative purposes only, and the User must carefully and completely read the information about the product’s characteristics.
Placing an order at www.ciano.pt is quite simple:
- Enter the Online Store page;
- Within the item you want, select the options and desirable quantity;
- Click on “Add” to add the items to the “Shopping Cart”. From that moment on, the item will be visible in your “Shopping Cart”;
- At this point, you can continue shopping by adding new products to the “Shopping Cart”. When you have selected all the articles you want, you should select the item “Cart” which is at the top of the page;
- To proceed click on “Checkout”;
- You can choose to make a purchase using your Login (if you have already registered), create a new registration, or do it as a guest without having to create an account;
- Fill in the fields relating to “Billing Data” and “Shipping Data”. If you are a registered buyer, the data will be automatically filled in using your account data;
- Select the desired payment method and then click on the “Checkout” button;
- If you have chosen the PayPal payment option, you will be redirected to the PayPal website in order to make the payment;
- You will receive an order summary message by email.
We suggest that you save your order data for future reference.
CIANO Aquarium may not process orders in the following cases:
- Whenever you do not have sufficient guarantee of the good collection;
- Orders are incomplete or incorrect;
- The ordered products are no longer available.
In these cases, CIANO Aquarium will inform you, by e-mail, of the reasons why the purchase and sale contract was not executed.
If the products presented on www.ciano.pt is not available for shipment within 15 days after receipt of payment for the order, CIANO Aquarium will inform you of this unavailability and the time required to send the order and will wait for acceptance of the new delivery time. In case of non-acceptance, CIANO Aquarium will return the respective amount delivered by the User.
6.2 Right not to accept the order or cancel the purchase
Read point 3.
6.3 Payment options
CIANO Aquarium offers two solutions to pay for your order at www.ciano.pt:
- Previous bank transfer;
6.4 Undelivered orders
If the order cannot be delivered to the address provided by the User or in another place indicated by the user, due to a fact attributable to him, the inherent costs will be deducted from the amount of any refund to be made to said User.
If the order is returned to Ciano Aquarium for reasons attributable to the User, including for failure to pay the fees or additional charges referred to in 6.7, the charges inherent in the return, including transport, taxes, fees or any other expenses, will be deducted from the value of any refund to be made to said, User.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for undelivered orders.
The costs of returning undelivered orders may still be subject to additional charges such as taxes, customs, or other charges that will not be reimbursed by Ciano Aquarium.
6.5 Shipping costs
Postage is included in the sale price of the item and applies to all countries where the online store is available.
Shipping costs do not include any import taxes that may be charged upon entering the User’s destination country.
6.6 Delivery Times
Delivery time is 15 days after receipt of payment.
In case the delivery period exceeds 15 days, CIANO Aquarium will contact the buyer to inform the necessary period, waiting for the acceptance of the new delivery period. In case of non-acceptance, CIANO Aquarium will return the respective amount, delivered by the User.
6.7 Customs fees, customs duty rates, and other charges
Customs fees, customs duties, and other additional charges inherent in the shipment of items to non-EU countries are due by the User and are not subject to the prior determination.
7. General Conditions for all warranties
7.1 Warranty duration
The warranty of all products is valid for the legal period of two (2) years, counting from the date of the product purchase invoice or from the product delivery date when this is different from that.
The buyer must report any non-compliance to CIANO Aquarium within two months from the date on which it was detected and always present the original invoice for the purchase of the product.
CIANO Aquarium will examine the product in order to conclude whether the reported defect is covered by the warranty.
In the event of a defect covered by the warranty, CIANO Aquarium will repair or replace the product with another one, without prejudice to the other rights provided for in Decree-Law No. 67/2003, of April 8, in its current wording.
In the situations of repair or replacement mentioned above, CIANO Aquarium will bear the necessary expenses, including transport, labor, and material expenses, as long as the product is in normal accessibility conditions.
The warranty will not cover products that show defects caused by incorrect or inadequate use, abnormal wear, incorrect installation or assembly, altered or cleaned with improper methods or products, bad weather, electrical discharges, negligence or accidents, infiltration of moisture/liquids, use of non-original accessories, technical interventions by unauthorized personnel.
8. Returns and right of free termination of the contract
8.1 Right of free resolution
The consumer has a period of 14 days from the day he acquires physical possession of the goods or from the day he acquires physical possession of the last good, in the case of several goods ordered in a single order and delivered separately, to proceed to return your order, without the need to indicate the reason, in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1 of article 10 of DL nº 24/2014, of 14 February.
If so, the consumer can fill out and send electronically the free withdrawal form template or any other unequivocal declaration of withdrawal.
You can do this as long as the item is in the same condition as it was sold, in original packaging, and accompanied by all the accessories that make it up, by contacting our after-sales service on +351 255 340 450, for more information on shipping procedures.
Note: never ship the item to CIANO Aquarium without prior contact with the after-sales service.
8.2 Return Conditions in case of free termination of the contract
- Articles with no sign of undue use, and whose manipulation in no case exceeds that which is normally permitted in a commercial establishment under the terms and for the purposes of paragraph 3 of article 13 and paragraph 2 of article 14 of Decree-Law 24/2014 of February 14;
- Return of the complete article, with all its components and accessories, instruction manual, and original packaging in perfect condition;
- Return period: The consumer must return the goods no later than 14 (fourteen) days from the date on which he informed CIANO Aquarium of the decision to terminate the contract, having to bear the costs of returning the goods.
Refund: In the case of a return, the refund of the value of your purchase will be made through the same payment method used in the initial transaction, and there is no cost for the consumer, after validating the fulfillment of the return conditions described above, having the CIANO Aquarium a period of up to 14 days for this purpose, counting from the date on which it was informed of its decision to terminate the contract.
They are excluded from the right of free termination of the contract, and the consumer cannot freely terminate the following contracts:
- Providing goods made to customer specifications or manifestly customized;
- Supply of goods that, by nature, cannot be returned or are likely to deteriorate or quickly become out of date;
- Supply of sealed goods not subject to return, for health or hygiene protection reasons when opened after delivery;
- Supply of goods which, after delivery and by nature, are inseparably mixed with other products.
9. Customer Support: Help, Suggestions, and Complaints
At any time, the User of the website may contact our Services, through the e-mail address email@example.com, or through the number +351 255 340 450, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, every day of the week.
The User of the website is responsible for the content of the information sent or transmitted.
CIANO Aquarium is not responsible for damages resulting from any computer viruses or any other situations to which it is unrelated and that prevent the access and correct functioning of the domain www.cianoaquarium.pt or www.ciano.pt or www.cianoaquarium.com as well as of the services provided in it.
11. Applicable law
These general conditions and all contracts that may be concluded under them are governed by Portuguese law
12. Alternative Dispute Resolution
In case of dispute, the consumer can resort to a Consumer Dispute Resolution Entity:
CNIACC – National Center for Information and Arbitration of Consumer Disputes
Faculty of Law of Universidade Nova de Lisboa – Campolide Campus
CIMAAL – Algarve Consumer Disputes Information, Mediation and Arbitration Center
Ninho de Empresas Building – Estrada da Penha 8005-131 Faro
Coimbra District Consumer Conflict Arbitration Center
Av. Fernão Magalhães, no. 240, 1st
Lisbon Consumer Conflict Arbitration Center
Rua dos Douradores, 116, 2nd
Contracts entered into in the Autonomous Region of Madeira
Rua da Figueira Preta, no. 10, 3rd floor
Porto Arbitration and Consumption Information Center
Rua Damião de Góis, 31 – Store 6
Vale do Ave Consumer Conflict Arbitration Center
Rua Capitão Alfredo Guimarães, nº 1
Consumer Information, Mediation and Arbitration Center (Consumption Arbitration Court)
BRAGA: Rua D Afonso Henriques, nº 1 (Sé Parish Council Building)
4700 – 030 Braga
VIANA DO CASTELO: Av. Rocha Paris, nº 103 (Vila Rosa Building)
4900 – 394 Viana do Castelo
In case of online consumer dispute, the consumer can use an online dispute resolution system (RLL), the ODR Platform (“online dispute resolution”), with competence to resolve disputes related to contractual obligations resulting from online sales or service contracts.
The User may direct any complaints or complaints to Ciano Aquarium, through the line through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or through the number +351 255 340 450, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, every day of the week, or by correspondence to the following address: Rua Pedras Agudas, nº 140 4650-372 Revinhade, Felgueiras – Portugal.
For the resolution of any disputes arising from these General Conditions of Use, the Court of the District of Braga, municipality of Guimarães, will be competent, with the express exclusion of any other.